Laser Skin Revitalization
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of pigment can be treated?
Skin Revitalization treatments are designed to treat age spots, sun damage and freckles on the face, neck, chest, arms, hands, legs and feet.
What type of vessels can be treated?
Spider veins and broken vessels on the face, neck, and some other areas of the body.
Am I a good candidate for skin revitalization?
Skin revitalization treatments can be safely used on most skin types. During your consultation, we will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
What type of result can I expect?
You can expect to see a decrease in the appearance of brown spots, sun damage and vessels for a more even skin tone. You will see a continued improvement over the first 6 weeks after your treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
Depending on the size of the area and the condition being treated, the sessions could range anywhere from 5-30 minutes.
What does the treatment feel like?
Most people feel only a slight “snap” like a rubber band followed by warmth of your skin. You will also feel cooling on your skin as the hand piece glides over the treatment area to help in providing a comfortable session.
How many treatments will I need?
Depending on the condition being treated, 1-3 treatment sessions are recommended for desired results.
How far apart are treatment sessions?
Treatment sessions should be scheduled 3-4 weeks apart.
How much does the treatment cost?
Treatment costs vary depending on the size of the area to be treated.
How does it work?
Specialized pulsed of optimized light are used to target brown spots, sun damage and vessels without harming the surrounding skin. These imperfections absorb the energy delivered to your skin causing them to slowly disappear through your body’s natural healing process.
How quickly will I recover?
You can resume regular daily activities immediately following treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Immediately after the treatment, it is common to feel a mild sunburn-like sensation around the treatment site, which typically lasts 2-24 hours. Redness and/or swelling may accompany this and usually resolves in 2-3 days. We will discuss any other possible side effects and the necessary post- treatment care with you during the consultation.
What to do after your skin revitalization treatment?
- Immediately after the treatment, it is common to feel a mild sunburn-like sensation around the treatment site, which typically lasts 2-24 hours. Redness and/or swelling may accompany this and usually resolves in 2-3 days.
- Avoid sun exposure on the treated area and use a sunscreen SPF 45 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- The pigment may initially look raised and darker with a reddened perimeter. The pigment will gradually turn darker over the next few days and begin crusting and eventually flaking off of the skin from day 7-21.
- The vessels may undergo immediate graying or blanching, or they may exhibit a slight purple or red color change. The vessels will fully or partially fade in about 10-14 days.
- Refer to your post-treatment care instructions provided by your doctor for more detail.